Sunday 12 May 2013

Farewell Geoffrey Robert Lund

6th May 2013


Dad died on the 30th April 2013. It had been a long time since he went into the Nursing Home and the last 12 months had been just surviving - not living. We had talked many times about how it was in there when your body will not work but your mind is spot on.

Well, in the last couple of weeks he deteriorated rapidly, but he was not in  pain. He died at the age of 89 and I am sure it was a relief to him. I was lucky to have said my good byes the last time I was up. 

So his funeral was to be on the 6th of May. we all agreed it was to be a celebration of a life well led, not a mourning over a tragic loss. He would have liked that. 

With Greg having his kids (Twins, Greg and David) and their Mother ( Christine) with him, I was expecting to stay at a motel or somewhere. Anyhow I stayed with Greg on a hospital bed they had bought for Dad a couple of years ago.

Here is a photo of Greg and David


Greg had had Dads medals mounted and framed along with his OAM certificate, it really looked great.

So Monday came around and of to the funeral. Here is pictures of the day



 Above is my Mums sister - Joan ( now 82) and her daughter Deb with Greg

 Peter delivering the eulogy
 Ashleigh giving a eulogy on behalf of my 3 kids
 Ben
 Michael
 Ashleigh


 So Dad has been laid to rest.I know that in the recent past he looked back on his life and came to the conclusion that family is the most important thing in life. He said that the family had done well and he was proud of each and everyone of them. 

Bye Dad - I will miss you 



No comments:

Post a Comment