Sunday 19 January 2014

Finally bought a Porta Bote

So I have finally found a Porta Bote at the right price. I had organised that any new listings for a porta bote on Gumtree or ebay would be emailed to me. I received an email from Gumtree on a Friday and the boat and what came with it looked good. However I decided to wait and think more about it. It is a lot of money and I don't have much left. Should I do it or should I wait and see if I really need a boat? By Saturday afternoon I had decided that - yes I would need a boat and even if I didn't then I could always sell it for what I paid for it.
Rang the seller on Saturday afternoon, to try and organise when I could see it ( as he lives in Lara - near Geelong - which is about 5 hrs drive away) and while talking to him realised that there was a lot of interest in it and if I couldn't get there quickly I would have no chance of buying it. I have been watching the prices of Porta Botes for a couple of years , so had a good idea of what it was worth. Made the decision there and then to pay what he was asking. It worked, he was happy, I transferred the deposit straight away and organised to pick up the boat the following Thursday. Just happened to be one of the hottest days in Melbourne for the summer.
Anyhow, got the boat back here and today I will unload everything out of the car and see what I have got. It came with a pull apart trailer which I will unload on ebay, as I will not need it. Be good to get some money back.

Some photos of the boat:-





You will see the sides look funny but that is because I have attached the dolly wheels. The motor is a 5hp Yamaha about 6 or 7 years old but has virtually no use.

It took less time than I thought to put it together - very easy. Cant wait to take it on the water, maybe with Ben and Michael after I finish at the Motel

1 comment:

  1. where did you buy the wheels because i have lost mine in water last week end, and buy original porta dolly is expensive. thanks

    ReplyDelete