Sunday 5 January 2014

Clarke's Lagoon Reserve near Walwa NSW

Also known as Clarke's Nature reserve, this lovely little area is approx 20k's southeast of Walwa. Saw it first on Wikicamps and a few weeks ago had a Sunday drive out to it and several other campsites around the same area. A photo of it below:

(ps click on a photo to get them all full screen for seperate viewing)

A photo from the reserve looking south along the Murray River ( looks more like a creek)

Well, decided to take Jemma and myself out there for the night. It has great camping areas beside the river with plenty of grass, so no dirt. you have to be self sufficient in everything, but as you know thats why I got the Kedron Van.

Just a nice area, here are some photos of where I was camped:

 View from the van over the Murray

 The expensive new awning in use


So as I was there just for the rest , I didn't go fishing , and the only fish I saw caught were Carp.
Got the choofer out for its first run and it worked great, cooked the evening meal on it.

 Neils choofer Mark 1

IT Works, It Works!!!!!

These choofers are great and they don't take much to make. All the black stuff you see on the ground under it, is the burnt off paint.

So after about 24 hrs relaxing, I am back at the motel. The van went well but each time I use it something breaks and therefore gives me more jobs to do on it. What can you expect from a 10 year old van? The list for this trip is:-

External 240v power point cover broke.

2 of the stays on the front window covers rusted shut, so two more stays.

and coming back I have lost most of the radio aerial, so got to get a new one.

The advantage of all these repairs is that I am really getting to know the van. Oh by the way I installed a 600w inverter and wired it into the living area of the van. It worked great.



No comments:

Post a Comment