Saturday 16 November 2013

Bringing it home #3

Started this morning from the rest area out of Gunnedah at about 8.30am. Traveled to Coonabarabran to fuel up. Thought I would have gone through a lot of fuel yesterday as there was quite a few hills and a bit windy, however, still got 18.5l/100k towing the van. Very happy.
Very uneventful trip to Forbes. A great free camp beside the river. I will get some photos later.
Anyhow, about 1.30 a big gust of wind comes from the south and as I had a south facing window open I come into the van and it is full of dust. I stand around looking at it and cursing, when all of a sudden an enormous gust comes from the North.

Remember when the motel roof came off, well it is similar. The awning blew to bits and landed on the roof of the breaking the antenna. I am cursed. I am insured with YOUI and they have a clause where if you claim within 90days of starting the policy there is a double excess, beautiful. So here I sit pissed off, thinking the world is against me, but at least I have wired up the awning so I can get back to the Motel tomorrow. Life wasn't meant to be easy, but why so hard.





I had to get the lady parked near me in a motorhome to driveher  motorhome over so I could use the ladder on her motorhome to fix down the antenna.

Her are some photos of where I am staying, it really is a nice place.


See no supports now for the awning




No comments:

Post a Comment