Saturday 27 September 2014

Update from Groper Creek

It has been a while since I have posted. Quite a few things have happened. Let me start with the van.
There was a leak in the plumbing system and of course, it was in the worst possible place to fix. I had to pull the fridge out to get to the problem. After working out was the problem, I ordered a part from the internet and when it arrived went into Ayr to get the remaining items I required. The fix didn't take long however I was without running water for about a week. Another $150 spent.

Groper Creek has been a great place to stay. I have met a heap of people and everyone so far has been very friendly. While the boat has been out of action I have still been out fishing with generous people taking me with them. When I come back next year I will have more experience as to where to go and a boat setup the way it needs to be.

I will be heading to Katherine NT at the end of this week to work the mango harvest. It is only 2300k's from here :( I am going to try and take 10 to 12 days to get there. Hopefully I will have some time to look around on my way there. It would be perfect if I can get some work back in QLD for 4-5 weeks before I go back to Brisbane for Xmas.

I don't know if I will have internet etc in Katherine as I will be staying on the farm. So I will posting this when I can.

Here is a few pictures of Groper Creek.

Says it all


See how high off the ground the houses are ( and Telephone). Floods come up about 10' (3.3mts)
Looking east 

All out fishing

 
 The Jetty

This is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment