Thursday 16 October 2014

Banka Banka to Daly Waters Pub

Had a good night with  a breeze coming through at about midnight which really cooled down the temp. Was probably my best sleep since leaving Mt Isa. Met a couple from Murray Bridge who travel in a bus. Nice people. There was a fair wind blowing from the south east so was good for me travelling north. Had it been blowing from the north I would have stayed put until it had eased. The fuel cost of driving into a head wind is enormous. I have noticed that since I have had the new tyres my fuel consumption has increased by about 10%. I guess it is because thay have a larger footprint or maybe it is because of the wind over the last couple of days, time will tell.

Left  Banka Banka to head to the Daly Waters pub. Had heard a lot about it, so had to see what was what.Got to Daly Waters around 1pm and set up in the carvan park they have. Daly waters consists of about 10 houses and the pub is the only thing in town. I was hoping for an experience like the Prarie Hotel but unfortunatley it was not to be. All the workers seemed to be Irish backpackers and they were not the most friendly people I have come across on this trip. A real pity because the pub has an interesting atmosphere. Had one beer at the pub and went back to the van and spent the night there.

Here is some photos of Daly Waters






here is todays travels






No comments:

Post a Comment