Monday 6 October 2014

Prairie to Richmond

As per my last post , I spent the night at the pub to watch the NRL Grand Final. It was a great night, there were 3 of us who were traveling that stayed for the night. All the locals were happy to have us there and everyone joined in. Definately a place to stay at if you are passing through.
This morning I headed off aroubd 10 to head to Richmond. It is only just over 200k but the roads are horrible. It is like driving a boat over chops. Very flat landscape and not very interesting. When I reached richmond I was expecting it to be like Charters Towers but sadly I was mistaken.

Here is photos of Richmonds main st.



Interesting isn't it. 

Went to the information centre, which is new and quite nice. They have the fossil museum there. I didn't have a look as it was $20 to visist 3 rooms of fossils. Didn't seem reasonable.

Anyway off to Julia Creek tomorrow, lets see what that is like.


No comments:

Post a Comment