Sunday 12 October 2014

Mt Isa to Camooweal

Left Mt Isa yesterday with new tyres on the car and headed to Camooweal. Quite a interesting drive and I still hate road trains. Coming up to a bridge an oversize load and pilot vehicles was coming in the opposite direction. Got on the radio to tell them I would move to the side of the road but they said go for it and then thanked me for contacting them, I wil take it back on my rant on truck drivers.

Anyhow arrived at Camooweal which is only 14 k's from the NT border. Took a while to make up my mind as to whether to go on for a few hours or stay here as planned. Decided to stay and found the Camooweal Billabong free camp area. Would be really spectacular here just after the wet, with the billabong full of water.

Parked up, in a great spot right on the edge of the billabong. The billabong has water lilleys growing in it and plenty of birdlife. Was sitting under the annex and only 40m's from me was 2 Brolgas in the billabong. My first brolgas in the wild. Pretty good.

Bloody hot but I can run the generator to run the air con so not too bad. With not running the genny at night it was pretty hot last night and not a real good sleep. Today is forecast to get to 40, so here we go again. Will stay today to watch Bathurst abd start heading to Katherine. Plan to hit Katherine on the 17th, so will make contact tomorrow with the farm. It is getting close. Here are the photos of where I am setup.

Brolga 









No comments:

Post a Comment