Thursday 16 October 2014

Daly Waters to Mataranka

Eventuall got going as I didn't have far to go. Arrived at Mataranka around midday and went straight to the place I am staying. The town is nothig much but the park is ok and is about 3 k's from town.
 Had an interesting drive, as the roads are pretty rough. I was travelling along and the gps fell off the screen, happens when it gets really hot. Anyhow the gps fell off, so while I was trying to stick it back on I wasn't taking notice of where I was on the road. Found my self on the wrong side of the road and in trying to get back in a hurry to the right side I managed to get the van to start swaying. Not a good feel doing 95kmh and having a van swaying behind you. Hit the accelerator and managed to stop the swaying. This was a lesson for new players, be very careful when you are towing a 3 ton van.

Mataranka is the home of 'we of the never never', so as I am here for 3 days I am going to do the touristy things. Will have quite a few photos to post. Mataranka also has thermal ( 33 degrees) springs and one is just 500mts from where I am staying.
Went to the springs and it was well worth it. The waters is absolutely clear.

The photos show the springs and what you see in the photo is white rocks etc. That is the bottom of the springs, and I tested the depth and it was around 2mts deep.

There is 2mts of water and the bottom looks like you could put your hand in the water and touch it.





Here are some more photos






Here is todays travel






















No comments:

Post a Comment