Thursday 4 October 2012

Day 4 Gold Coast trip

With dad still in lockdown, I decided to head halfway to emerald in case Ashleigh called and I could get to see her. Having picked up the cot tent from Michael, I packed up some basic camping gear and headed to Claude Wharton weir free camp at Gayndah. I have not been to Gayndah for maybe 35 years so am interested to see it. Drove from the Gold Coast to Kilkivan and up the Burnett highway to Gayndah. I was about 90k's from Gayndah when I turned off the audiobook and decided to wind down the window and just cruise along taking in the smells and sights. Made a very relaxing drive. I have always been a driver who has a destination and has to get there asap. So it was hard for me to do but i really enjoyed just cruising along and soaking up the country.
Here is a couple of snaps I took on the road.




Got to Gayndah and it was just as I remembered it. a sleepy Queensland country town. Bought some batteries that I forgot while packing and headed to Claude Wharton weir. Ended up with the last reasonable site. Looked strange with all the other caravans and motorhomes and me in a small cot tent. Anyway the site is good and apart from working out how to put up the cot tent, I was organised pretty quickly.



Received a text from Ashleigh so I will ring her in the morning and see if I go to Emerald otherwise I am thinking of going through Biggenden and maybe staying a Tiaro on the way back. We will see what happens.


Forgot to my my track in for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment